- Edition: 1.0
- Available in: Android, iPhone Coming Soon
- Published: November 8, 2016
Community Builders started out as the app version of our book, 50 Activities for the First Day of School. But it quickly grew to be so much more!
Community Builders is a collection of 95 fun & engaging activities that build classroom community. This collection has been curated throughout my 16 years experiences as an ESL & EFL Teacher. I’ve used every one in my classroom multiple times. These activities and games help bring students together as a team by helping them get to know each other, or getting them to work together.
I use them on day one, and throughout the course, to build and maintain rapport with my students and between my students. Each activity comes with clear, detailed instructions and ideas for adapting the activity to your classroom. Most are no-prep or low-prep. In addition, are links to free downloadable worksheets and hand-outs that you can print and use as-is or adapt as you see fit.
All 95 activities are clearly divided into categories, so you can find exactly the kind of activity you need:
- Name Games are simple activities to help everyone in the class, including you, the teacher, learn everyone else’s names.
- Getting to Know You Activities are activities that help students break the ice and get to know each other.
- GTKY Teacher Activities help students learn more about you.
- Needs Evaluation activities help you learn about your students’ goals.
- Practice and Assess activities start students off working with some of the basics of language so you can assess where they stand. Nothing builds rapport and community better than working on a task together.
- Set the Tone activities help teach students the rules of the classroom and your expectations.
My students love these activities. Yours will too.
Where to Get It:
iPhone Coming Soon…..