$1.50 incl tax
Teach students to love language and also expand their vocabulary with this beautiful, hand-illustrated drawing, writing, or discussion prompt. Sometimes we focus so much on meaning, we forget about beauty. This printable worksheet ask students to share some fun words to say. Get them thinking about phonetics in a new way, this inventive and unique prompt.
Whatever you do, this activity is sure to put the fun, the beauty, and the poetry in language! This is one of our positive activities that works for EVERY level!
There are so many ways to put this activity into action in the classroom:
- Teach syllable breaks, word parts, even prefixes and suffixes: “Discombobulate is a hard word, but you know what “dis” means and you know other “ate” words!”
- Talk about words that sound beautiful but mean something terrible and vice versa.
- Discuss the different sounds in English and their native languages.
- Introduce onomatopoeia and other sound words.
- Have students write a sound poem based only on the sound of the words and the rhymes.
- Get them learning new words and using them in sentences. “I lollygagged last night and didn’t do my homework, teacher”!
- Give students a point every time they use a new word in conversation or writing.
- Have students share their favorite words, then “swap” or vote on the most fun or beautiful or interesting word.
Each of these original worksheets from the 60 Positive Activities for Kids activities are extremely flexible and adaptable to fit your classroom! Students can respond in writing, in discussion, or by drawing. Younger learners (or lower-level ESL/EFL students) might start with a drawing, then label it. After that, they can tell their partner about their answer, before doing a short writing of a sentence or two. Older or more advanced students might start with drawings and notes, and move straight to a paragraph, which they can then read or present to the class!
They’re easy to fit into a writing class, English class, creative play time, or even an after-school program, preschool, nursery school, kindergarten, or homeschooling situation.
You may also like…
60 Positive Activities for Adults PowerPoint Slides$15.00 incl tax Add to cart
My Robot Creative Drawing or Writing Prompt$1.50 incl tax Add to cart
A Book About Me Creative Drawing or Writing Prompt$1.50 incl tax Add to cart
60 Positive Activities for Kids PowerPoint Slides$15.00 incl tax Add to cart