$3.00 – $8.00
The skills associated with successful group work go way beyond the classroom. They are life skills that can be applied in all areas of our lives. Patrice [Palmer’s] wonderful course…is a must for any teacher and every resource room.
–Chris Mares, author of 50 Ways to Be a Better Teacher
Buy direct or wherever you get books, in ebook or paperback.
Successful implementation and completion of group work activities requires instructors and students alike to confront challenges not present in individual work. To maximize learning, group projects need a solid lesson plan that helps students
- understand the benefits of group work,
- develop ground rules and assign responsibilities,
- value everyone’s contributions, and
- resolve potential conflicts.
Teacher, curriculum designer, and “teacherpreneur” Patrice Palmer offers thirteen easily implemented, robust group work activities formatted to foster the development of life skills. Designed with secondary and post-secondary students in mind, Palmer’s workbook takes students through the team-building process, from getting to know one another to a final evaluation of the group’s work and success.
Written in a user-friendly format, Successful Group Work: 13 Activities to Teach Teamwork Skills allows teachers to choose activities that best meet their students’ needs. Make group work a powerful addition to your teaching repertoire. You may be surprised how your students rise to meet a new challenge!
Preview Successful Group Work
|Dimensions||6 × 9 × .125 in|
15 June 2017
6 x 9 inches
Take a look inside.
Free downloadable and printable group work self-evaluation forms you can use to help students learn to reflect on their progress developing teamwork skills. There’s also a self-evaluation form to help students evaluate the work of the team as a whole along with their own individual contributions.
- Individual Evaluation Form: to help students evaluate their own work in the team, as well as the work of the team as a whole, and other participants
- Self Reflection Form: to help students reflect on how well their teamwork skills are developing.
- Role Cards: to help students understand and choose roles in a group