$3.00 – $9.00 incl tax
It’s a little gem for newer teachers who want accessible activities for the first day or week at their fingertips.
—Modern English Teacher
A treasure trove of creative and practical icebreakers, warm-ups, and activities for building a cohesive class.
Buy wherever you buy books, including the following affiliate bookstores:
Or get it direct from us below:
With 50 Activities for the First Day of School, you can walk into any classroom and start off with great activities with no preparation. This collection of fun and engaging activities will help you take care of important first day business and have fun at the same time: learn students’ names, build rapport, assess their knowledge, introduce language, and establish the class rules. Your students will walk away having had a fun first class. You will walk away with a classroom community that is respectful, work-oriented, and friendly.
All of these back to school activities are classroom-tested, student-loved, and teacher-approved. Presented with clear and detailed instructions., there are also suggestions for varying or adapting the activities to your classroom. Even an experienced teacher will come to see old favorites and go-to activities in a new light. Go back to school with confidence!
Preview 50 Activities for the First Day of School
- Take a look inside by downloading the Table of Contents and Sample Activities
- You can also check out first day of school advice from our authors.
- Browse our First Day of Class Tips and Tricks.
- Enjoy Resources for Classroom Community and Icebreakers.
- Click the Resources tab for worksheets, previews, and more!
|Dimensions||7 × 10 × .175 in|
3 Aug 2016
7 x 10 inches
Here are some free worksheets and resources for you. All of these resources are provided free to download, print, and copy for use in the classroom. You are also welcome to use them as models for your own activities. A few are in .DOC format, meaning you are welcome to edit them to adapt them for your class.
- 3-2-1 intro Worksheet
- Sample Needs Evaluation Questionnaire
- Language Learning Myths Sample Worksheet
- Language Learning Myths Worksheet (DOCX)
- Goal Setting Worksheet
- Find Someone Who Sample Worksheet (DOCX)
- Sample Scavenger Hunt
- Complete the Sentence Needs Evaluation
- Student Dictations (DOCX)
- Story Cloze (DOCX)
- Jigsaw Reading (DOCX)
- Talk Time Topics
- Talk Time Topics
- Student Maps Exercise
- Student Information Card (PDF)
- Student Information Card (DOCX)