- What’s your favorite book and why?
- What would be the topic of your TED talk?
- Write about something that makes you laugh.
- Describe a person that is no longer in your life. Why don’t you see them anymore?
- Tell me about your hometown. What do you like and dislike about it?
Creative writing prompts for English class!
This collection of 52 writing prompts, one for each week in the year, focuses on you! This is the reflections journal you’ve been waiting for for students.
Written for ESL and EFL students to use in writer’s workshop or weekly journal time, or even a literacy circle, these prompts can also be used in Language Arts or even creative writing workshop groups. They’re great getting-to-know-you activities or as simple reflections. Each page contains a prompt and blank lines to write in.
Check out the whole English Prompts Series of guided journals.
Get inspired. Get creative. Write on.